2011年10月23日星期日

No One Pays Much Attention To Nickel Back Dante Hughes

After signing with San Diego as a free agent in 2009, Nickel back Dante Hughes Pittsburgh Steelers Jerseys has become comfortable in the role he earned. He's allowed just three completions in five games this season.
There is no one pays much attention to nickel back Dante Hughes. In many ways, that's a compliment. Hughes, a fifth-year cornerback, took over the role for San Diego last season and has matured into a respected player in the slot. He never played the position for Cal in college or for Indianapolis in his first two NFL seasons, but was asked to try it for the Bolts.
"It is been a natural progression, but I feel like I'm getting better at it now and I feel more comfortable," Hughes said. "I evolved to playing nickel."
Bill Belichick cited Hughes' play as one of San Diego's biggest improvements on defense before this year's game in New England, then Tom Brady threw just two of his 40 passes Hughes' way.
Teams have completed 3-of-7 throws to Hughes' assigned receiver for 41 yards, a small number given the NFL's movement toward testing depth in the secondary with multiple receivers. Three of those incompletions came in the Chargers' last game against Denver.
"I just worry about doing my job," Hughes said. "I don't really get into the individual matchups. I just want to play the best for us each week.
"Right now I feel like I'm playing man-to-man just as good as anybody else on the team, so I feel like we can hold up against three receivers or four receivers with our personnel-Marcus Gilchrist and Shareece Wright, I feel like we can line up against anybody and play man-to-man."
EARLY START: The Chargers will take the field for a 10 a.m. PT kickoff Sunday, the earliest start of the season, and must travel three time zones to reach the New York Jets' home stadium.
NFL teams tend to perform -3333- a bit below normal standards on average in those situations. San Diego had nine 10 a.m. kickoffs in 2007-08, many of them several time zones from California, and made the playoffs both seasons. San Diego is 6-7 in such games since '07 and 17-15 on the road overall. The Bolts face just one this year.
Takeo Spikes, who has played his entire career in the Eastern or Pacific time zones, said the kickoff time and location is of little consequence.
"I truly don't gain too much weight into that. I think in the power of the tongue, so you have to be careful what you put out there,"Ben roethlisberger jersey Spikes said. "What I do believe is It is all about any given Sunday and dealing with the matchups between teams regardless of what the other factors may be."It is composed by pittsburghsteelersjerseyshopcom 10.24.2011




TAGS:Pittsburgh Steelers Jersey
pittsburgh steelers jerseys for sale
Hines ward jersey

没有评论:

发表评论