2011年9月18日星期日

Ward denied Steelers are old, slow and it's over

While many have wondered how the Steelers will deal with some older players not performing well,Pittsburgh Steelers Jerseys
especially in the wake of their four-touchdown loss to the Ravens last week, Warren Sapp had no problem giving his honest opinion. And now that Steelers receiver Hines Ward has had a chance to respond, Ward decided he wouldn't respond to Sapp in such harsh tones.

On Showtime's "Inside the NFL" this week, Sapp said, "The Pittsburgh Steelers. I have three things: old, slow and it's over. It's just that simple. James Harrison told us that he was 70-to-75 percent. It looked more like 40 percent to me if you are looking at the ballgame I was looking at. And Hines Ward, Mercedes Sapp can cover Hines Ward right now. You have to be kidding me. Mercedes is my 13-year-old daughter. She will cover Hines Ward in a heartbeat. "And Troy Polamalu, Ed Dixon runs this crossing route. Troy Polamalu is trying to grab him to have a pass interference and he can't even get close enough to grab him. It looked like he was dragging a wagon behind him. Touchdown Baltimore. Pittsburgh Steelers done." Supplywith different styles and sizes.

Mr. Ward, your retort, please? "I don't have a reaction to that," Ward told 93.7 The Fan in Pittsbrugh. "He can bring his 13-year old daughter out there and see if she can cover me if she wants to. I don't have a reaction to that. People are always going to say something. As far as the team being old? I don't see how the team is old. I think I am the oldest guy on the offensive side. Ben Roethlisberger is the second oldest guy on the offensive side. Defensively? You got Aaron Smith, James Farrior and Brett Keisel. We just re-signed some of our youngest guys. If you look at our team, we are not as old as people want to portray us. What does that matter anyway?

"I love Warren. He was my 'Dancing with the Stars,' guy before me. It's his opinion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and it is not going to change. There are guys older than me like Brian Dawkins. Donald Driver is older than me. Age doesn't matter. Age is something for somebody to put out there just to make an excuse." Ward also realizes that he's open to criticism, and at this point in his career, he has to be used to it. Even if a former star player is the one making it.

"That's your job," Ward said. "That's what makes news. Your job is to criticize and make stuff. As players we hear it, but it doesn't validate anything. The Steelers are not going to keep me around if they do not think I am productive. We don't just keep guys around to just keep guys around. That's just an excuse when people start looking at the age and that stuff. If you look at our young guys, look at our wide receivers? I'm out there with second and third year guys all the time. Our whole offensive line we are really not old up front. Rashard Mendenhall is still young and in his prime. When people say stuff like that I just laugh because when they were old one day, somebody said that about them. But now they are in a position to say that. I don't get caught up in it." This's a link for Ben roethlisberger jersey
!

Wow. Before the start of the season, the Steelers is one of the favorite team to win the Superbowl, in fact, some of the so called "expert" even predict it will be a repeat of last season's Superbowl, Pitt againts Green Bay. Now, suddenly, just only after 1 game, the first game of the season too, the Steelers are no longer that team that most "expert" predict to go to the Superbowl are too old? If we're going to base on just the beginning of the season game, we might as well crown the Patriots, Eagles, or GB as the Superbowl champion and just forget about the other 15 games of the season. It is composed by pittsburghsteelersjerseyshopcom 09.19.2011




TAGS:Pittsburgh Steelers Jersey
pittsburgh steelers jerseys for sale
Custom steelers jerseys

没有评论:

发表评论